MSc MLT Pathology
AIMS & OBJECTIVES :
Post Graduate programme in Medical Laboratory Technology – Pathology gives
opportunity for specialized study in the field of Laboratory Technology for BSc (MLT)
Candidates who successfully complete MSc (MLT) course may obtain jobs as
• Specialized technologist in Pathology or supervisors of clinical laboratories in hospitals.
• Laboratory scientists in Biomedical and research institutes.
• Teachers in training institutes of Medical Laboratory Technology.
• Utilize or apply the concepts, theories and principles of laboratory science.
• Demonstrate the ability to plan an effect the change in laboratory practice and health care delivery system.
• Establish collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines.
• Demonstrate interest in continued learning and research for personal and professional advancement.
DURATION OF THE COURSE :
Course of study including thesis work shall be for a period of two years. One year internship after successful completion of the course
(a) Candidates who have passed the BSc(MLT) degree of any of the Universities in
Kerala or any other Universities recognized by the Kerala University of Health
and Allied sciences , with a minimum of 50% marks for all the years of
BSc(MLT) examination taken together will be eligible for admission .
Candidates who have passed their BSc(MLT) course from Universities outside Kerala will be eligible for admission only if their qualifying examination is recognized by the Kerala University of Health and Allied Sciences on the date of counseling by the Director of Medical education .
(b) Only Indian citizens of Kerala origin are eligible for admission to the course. They have to provide the certificate along with the application form.
|Clinical Patholgy & Cytogenetics|